Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Pro Wrestling

964 in 572 posts

Pro Wrestling

I love watching the "so called" sports entertainment. The soap opera story lines are hilarious and well the Divas, what can I say?
    Heavy Guitar

6 in 4 posts
    Yeah, pro wrestling is the shit. The Undertaker would have to be my favorite. That guy owns like no tomorrow.

469 in 266 posts
    I watched wwf when I was 12. It was only for one year, and I really enjoyed it and then I just stopped watching.... I've seen WWE and WCW live.
    "come to Holland, Hamish, you can marry me instead." - herrieman

5,834 in 3,366 posts
    i define it as real and fake. fake as in it isn't two guys trying to fight. real in the fact that they are trying to put on a show and they improvise 90% of all of it and completely take the pain they are given.

i used to be a huge fan, but now i am just a fan. i watch whenever jeff hardy has a match and then i turn it off because i don't care about anything else. mick foley isn't on currently, so whenever he is on i tune in.

mick foley's have a nice day will still be my all time favorite book though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zee
    ill let a girl eat my ass if she wants.

469 in 266 posts
    I really do feel as if we have talked about this before... Perhaps Zap started the conversation off. Might have been in the longest thread ever or something... I dunno. I agree with Crash on all counts.

5,834 in 3,366 posts
    here is how wrestling was:

we had A list stars for the majority. B list stars took stuff like tag team belts and others, C list filled the cracks.

now, we have B list stars for the majority and C list doing everything else. there is only a handful of A list anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zee
    ill let a girl eat my ass if she wants.

1,711 in 1,144 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CacophoeniX View Post
    Yeah, pro wrestling is the shit. The Undertaker would have to be my favorite. That guy owns like no tomorrow.

Yea, i fade in and out when watching Wrestling. I get hooked for a few weeks or months than stop watching. Than i start watching again and get caught up in it again. Besides the Undertaker some of my favorites would be Triple H, The Ultimate Warrior, Randy Savage, The Rock, Stone Cold Steve Austin, and Batista.

8 in 6 posts
    I saw a few shows of TNA Wrestling on Spike TV and it is way better than what the WWE is putting these days. The wrestlers in the WWE are playing things way to safe (in my opinion) and, in general, it shows and it takes away the experience for me. For example, when Triple H first started using his finishing move the Pedigree, I could hardly tell that the person was protected from getting hurt. Then slowly I could see the legs of the person start to come down first, so his body hits like a wave, with his legs first then moving to his head. Now, if you turn on WWE and see Triple H do the Pedigree, you can see him actually move away from the wrestler to give the wrestler more room to safely land. The wrestlers in TNA just seem to try harder to impress the fans than the WWE, I guess because the people who run the WWE figure they have such a stranglehold on the pro-wrestling market, that they don't need to go to great lengths to impress fans (although they do for pay-per-views but they have to because people are paying huge amounts of money for it).

I watched WWF when I was little and then stopped and picked it back up again a few years ago, but dropped it again when I discovered the UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship) and Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)
    "Glitter is like the herpes of crafts." - Demetri Martin

5 in 5 posts
    I used to be super into wrestling in '98-'00. My friends and I used to backyard brawl at my house and we would record it! Back then WWF and WCW were both great!

The Asshole Known As SIN xxxSxIxNxxx's Avatar
    6 in 4 posts
    WCW was cool in 1997/1998 but then it died. WWF was really cool from 1996-1999, but again, it pretty much died. It's picked up here and there, but for the most part, it's been pretty shitty. And ECW used to be great, but this new thing, fuck you. Wrestling isn't what it was, my dad had some NWA tapes from the 80's with The Four Horsemen, Rock and Roll Express, The Road Warriors (Legion of Doom) and all those guys, was fucking great! This new shit is too much soap opera and not enough wrestling. And it isn't even good soap opera anymore, like when the Undertaker was going to fucking embalm Steve Austin alive, that was the greatest! Or when Kane wasn't a pussy and all he did was storm into the ring and shoot fire at people, and then turn around and leave? Great shit. But it's dead now.
    "You know what the first thing that happens to you in a morgue is? They cut your fucking clothes off, thatís what. So would somebody please explain to me why Axel doesnít even bother to remove Jasonís mask?!" - Scott Ashlin, from a review of "Friday The 13th IV".

5 in 5 posts
    Kane was my favorite back then. I remember when there was all that tension between him and the Undertaker and they finally had that big ass match with the chokeslam to hell! Then he progressively got worse when Paul Bearer left and he started dating Tori. After all that I stopped watching it.
    I saw WWF live out in Anaheim, but it wasn't a televised event.

4,658 in 2,723 posts
    televised event?? Such shows never make it to Holland. Only thing I ever saw was some Mr.T/Hulk Hogan stuff, on ancient Super Channel, I guess. Like Crash said, fake and real. I hate the fake part of it, respect the real. Not really my "sport", "art" or so.
    "sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc".
    'We gladly feast on those who would subdue us'
    Morticia Addams

964 in 572 posts
    I have been watching since the AWA days. Yes it was a lot better then but I guess I am hooked. The new TNA stuff is pretty cool, I like the 6 sided ring.
    The WWE Booogieman is crazy all those worms coming out of his mouth!
    Heavy Guitar

46 in 43 posts
    I used to watch it quite frequently before, then I just forgot. My favorite was the Undertaker.

(off topic: I just reached 1000 in postcount! )
    Quote Originally Posted by About2Crash
    you both look like mongoloid man children.

4,658 in 2,723 posts
    What about Celebrity Death Match???

a bit silly sometimes, but I've seen some funny ones (anyone who smashes Marilyn Manson is a hero to me, same with Axl Rose)
    Morticia Addams

964 in 572 posts
    Those were the Claymation right? They were funny.
    Heavy Guitar

4,658 in 2,723 posts
    Yeah, I downloaded some of that stuff. Picked out the best known persons I could find. MMansen, Axl, Spear Britny, JLo; I think.
    Slay Spears anyway. Puke on her plastic titties or bury her alive together with that dombo Hilton
    Morticia Addams

964 in 572 posts
    Sounds good I will have to check some downloads.It is always nice to see egomaniacs get squashed.
    Heavy Guitar

469 in 266 posts
    So I just started watching WWF again (WWE just doesnt roll of the tongue) after 11 years.
    Watching Raw by myself, and getting together with a couple of mates to watch Smackdown.

So far I'm impressed with Jack Swagger and Randy Orton. Jack Swagger "The All American American" haha I love that. He's a great heel and has some good moves.

Orton... I love this guy (shitty entrance music though), I love this whole "The Viper" caper hes got going on, the facial expressions, his whole demeanor is awesome. When he whips out the RKO it's v cool.

360 in 240 posts
    they really should all do a much better job faking punches and kicks. go to stunt man school or something. it looks so fake that people who think its real should be lined up and shot on site.

i mean yeah it kind of cool that they improvise such crazy moves and fly off the top rope without getting hurt.

but also thy need to go to acting school as well because when they grab the microphone you can hear them reading the script like its on a cue card just off-ring. and the back stage stuff is unbearable.

i am just glad they changed the name to wwe because like stach said, its just a soap opera with muscles. and the word wildlife fund or whatever is way cooler and deserves the wwf acronym.
    Youtube Channel, BloomDrums.com, Double Bass Drumming Explained
    Quote Originally Posted by Limberger
    ...if you can't process polyrythms then you fail at life.