Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Pro Wrestling

He's got a bicycle! Dr. Lindgren's Avatar
    665 in 314 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dane View Post
    Is Blue Pants cosplaying a Fallout character in a Vault dweller suit?

Yes, she is. She's done quite a bit of cosplaying with various characters and incorporated them into wrestling.

2,930 in 1,673 posts
    Apparently a lot of people on reddit etc are upset over the London crowd as if they were just total smarks trying to take away from matches. I really didnt see that at all. It just seemed like a hot British crowd which is how they get at most sport events. Same as Australians in many ways.

I mean, they were kinda dead for Crews v Corbin. So they clearly werent just trying to put themselves over. I just didnt get a "RAW post-mania" we are awesome smark crowd from this event. They were just loud and super into what was going on. Im honestly surprised so many people are pissed an upset. It just seemed like a crowd who loved the product to me. Maybe the IWC marks are just projecting.

I really dont get why people are upset. Australian shows are like that too when people are over. Singing, chanting, yelling etc. Nobody ever thinking about getting themselves over in a smarky way, just causing a ruckus while enjoying a wrestling show. Im seriously taken back by how pissed off people are. Must be a cultural thing or embarassment at an actually hot crowd.
    Last edited by Dane; 12-18-2015 at 09:02 AM.
    “When you realize how perfect everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky.”

2,930 in 1,673 posts
    This will be FANTASTIC

https://twitter.com/XavierWoodsPhD/s...40658284326913

Kenny Omega is one of my favorite wrestlers. I'm not sure if this has been posted before, but he has even wrestled in what I call a Jason style match.

Seriously, he is fucking great and a super cool dude. Also great as The Cleaner role for Bull Club in NJPW.

A number of his moves and finishers are named after video game stuff too. Like this.

The Barcade video should be a lot of fun.
    Last edited by Dane; 12-20-2015 at 03:40 AM.
    “When you realize how perfect everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky.”

2,930 in 1,673 posts
    I should also mention, I seriously fucking love Kenny Omega. He is so good in Bullet Club as a heel and guys like KUSHIDA, Taguchi and such are such sympathetic and great babyface wrestlers all the matches are fantastic. But, I really like Kenny Omega so much it is so hard because I want to cheer him, but the heel shit is so good and the babyface's sell so sympathetically its really hard and conflicting. Either way, it is fucking great stuff and while language is a barrier (unless Bullet Club guys are cutting promos) it isn't hard to overcome. Everyone who enjoys wrasslin' should seriously give New Japan Pro Wrestling a serious go and watch a few PPVs or shows and try to get your head around it, get to know the characters etc because fuck it is so damn good and should really be bigger outside of Japan (and they are trying).

But yeah, Kenny Omega is the fucking man. In a way, it is a real shame the WWE fucked him around so badly because he has an insane amount of presence, charisma and in-ring skill, but even if they didn't, I mean, he would just be in nothing matches for the IC belt with no control over his character while 3-4 people who actually matter are what the show is focused on. But it doesn't matter because his stuff in New Japan, DDT and PWG is amazing anyways.

What a fucking legend.

1,710 in 1,143 posts
    The guy on the right looks like a cross between X-Pac and Razor Ramon. lol

5,834 in 3,366 posts
    Kenny Omega is rad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zee
    ill let a girl eat my ass if she wants.

2,930 in 1,673 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N00bs View Post
    The guy on the right looks like a cross between X-Pac and Razor Ramon. lol
    He definitely has a Razor thing going on.

He reminds me a lot of Bryan Pillman.

8. N00bs (12-24-2015)

2,930 in 1,673 posts

5,834 in 3,366 posts
    yep, i still like kenny omega

2,930 in 1,673 posts
    The PWG DVDs finally arrived today. My god Omega vs ACH at the 2014 BOLA is AMAZING.

2,930 in 1,673 posts
    Wrestle Kingdom 10 starts in about 3 1/2 hours!!

For people new to New Japan here is a guide from Reddit on WK10! https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B83...Z4TEIyQ1U/view

I am sure everyone cares about this as much as me and will watch it!

2,930 in 1,673 posts
    Omega vs Kushida was absolutely incredible.

2,930 in 1,673 posts
    GoOd luck to any other wrestling promotion putting on a show that matches this or even comes close this year. Absolutely outstanding.

Kenny Omega vs KUSHIDA
    Goto vs Naito
    Ishii vs Shibata
    Nakamura vs AJ Styles
    Okada vs Tanahashi

All of these matches were absolutely incredible. Pissed with a couple of the finishes but it is what it is. Absolutely perfect stuff.

Okada vs Tanahashi. I cant even describe because of how much context etc there is. But think of Tanahashi as like the less shitty Cena of NJPW and Okada as the next top guy who is absolutely amazing but has lost to him for years. The first part of this match was solid chain wrestling but the end of the match was a mix of "fuck this WWE tier booking bullshit" then near fall after near fall after near fall to an orgasmic climax finish. Holy fuck.

This whole show was incredible. Omega vs KUSHIDA leaves so many possibilities and finished in the best way possible given circumstances. I marked out like a little kid.

Shibata vs Ishii was just extremely brutal savagery and finished how it should have.

I dont see how there will be a better show this year. Seriously. English commentary was kinda shitty tho

Those last three matches. Seriously, seriously, seriously are so fucking incredible. I beg everyone who watches wrestling to give this show a go because it DESTROYS anything in a LONG time.

Honestly probably a better show than last year. The amount of emotional energy that generated, I don't think I can bring my self to give half a shit what any other company will be doing. Absolutely incredible stuff.

I'm not being a hyperbolic mark here. Well, maybe I am being a bit of a mark. But that was fucking awesome. I don't see anything coming close to that. I feel twice as "HOLY FUCKKKKKKKKKKKDASASDLKAJSDLKASDJ" as anything WWE did in the last 2 years. Just fucking outstanding stuff. One of the best wrestling shows I have ever seen.

Seriously, my brother and I watched the entire thing for nearly 6 hours (including some weird advertising stuff etc and a whatever pre-show rumble) and it felt like 2 hours of extremely high quality entertainment. Compared to the average Raw that is 3 hours and feels like 8 and leaves you empty inside.

This has me being a mark screaming at the tv, nearly smashing wine glasses and bottles and spilling shit everywhere. It was that good. My god this company needs more exposure in the west because it is what everyone who is pissed with how shit so much of modern wrestling is, wants.

FUCK IT WAS GREAT
    Last edited by Dane; 01-04-2016 at 06:40 AM.

2,930 in 1,673 posts
    God damn it apparently WWE raided NJPW. AJ Styles, Nakamura, Karl Anderson and Doc Gallows all handed in notices after WK10.

For fucking fuck. Great now we can see them job to Ryback and some other shit cunts. This really fucking sucks because they wont be able to wrestle their styles in WWE and will be booked horribly because they arent Cena/Reigns. FUCK.

Best we can hope for is Nakamura vs Bryan retirement match at Mania.

I hope this doesnt work out as horribly as I fear it will.

5,834 in 3,366 posts
    Yeah I'll watch it

2,930 in 1,673 posts
    You should watch New Years Dash from today as well from the sound of it. I forgot when it started and well.

AJ Styles has been written out of the show. AJ and Kenny Omega were in a tag match against Nakamura and YOSHI-HASHI. Omega beat Nakamura. Then attacked AJ and the rest of Bullet Club and violently took it over...... then challenged Nakamura for the IC belt (which is actually a real belt in NJPW)... WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T I WATCH THIS HOLY FUCK

1,710 in 1,143 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dane View Post
    God damn it apparently WWE raided NJPW. AJ Styles, Nakamura, Karl Anderson and Doc Gallows all handed in notices after WK10.

For fucking fuck. Great now we can see them job to Ryback and some other shit cunts. This really fucking sucks because they wont be able to wrestle their styles in WWE and will be booked horribly because they arent Cena/Reigns. FUCK.

Best we can hope for is Nakamura vs Bryan retirement match at Mania.

I hope this doesnt work out as horribly as I fear it will.
    Bwhahahahahaha.

2,930 in 1,673 posts
    They better not fuck it up. Guys like Nakamura and AJ put on consistently far better matches than anyone in WWE and a part of that is because of how NJPW books and structures their matches/in ring style. It is very different than WWE in that regard and seeing people who are this talented to get fed to whatever roided up nut Vince wants to stick his dick in would be an extreme shame.

It could all work out really well (because WWE have a lot of great talent in Owens, Cesaro etc etc but the booking is so horrid what difference will it make), but hearing JBL talk to Cole about how "funky and wacky Nakamura is" will be mindrapingly fucking horrid.

Saying that, just watched AJ/Omega vs Nakamura/YOSHI-HASHI and it was pretty fantastic.

The hole those guys leave will bring guys like Omega, Naito and Shibata straight up to the heavyweight/main event card which is very deserved for them. NJPW had (has?) a lot of similar issues to what the WWE has with very few guys at the top (AJ, Nak, Tanahashi, Okada and WWE with Cena, Reigns, Brock and part timers) that acted as a glass ceiling stopping younger guys from getting ahead. Last nights match between Tanahashi and Okada had a build that stretched for years where Okada (as the young 28 year old up and comer) lost to Tanahashi every time they wrestled at the Tokyo dome. Tanahashi was basically (in terms of importance to NJPW) Cena. Years and years of build for one of the biggest pay offs ever seen in pro wrestling. The last ten minutes of that match is crazily good. So that was a very symbolic match of Tanahashi passing the torch to Okada.

With AJ and Nak leaving (along with Anderson and Gallows) this opens up even more spots to shake things up. So while those guys may get badly used in WWE (I hope not but they don't give us much hope) NJPW while taking a big blow should be able to recover and give newer guys a big chance. Looks like Nakamura will drop the title to Omega so that should be a fantastic match.

To give an example of why NJPW is better in ring than WWE. Neville tonight had taped up ribs selling a rib injury only to go on and fill the match with crazy aerial bullshit where he lands directly on his ribs. In Omega vs KUSHIDA last night, Omega was selling his arm getting injured from KUSHIDA's hold, he wrestled for ten minutes with a LIMP arm he didn't use again in the match and even did a one armed sit out powerbomb. That is

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CX3cb1WWMAAp1l9.mp4

The Young Bucks and Omega fucking everyone up

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CX8_0tLWMAARAZ-.mp4

And this. My god.

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CX8_XrDWMAAC25z.mp4
    Last edited by Dane; 01-05-2016 at 06:47 AM.

1,710 in 1,143 posts
    I think you take that stuff way to serious Dane.

2,930 in 1,673 posts
    It probably comes across that way but isnt really the case.