Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast

Thread: Pro Wrestling

2,930 in 1,673 posts
    Have AJ do a monster champ run through to WM then have Nakamura vs AJ pt 2 with Nak going over.
    “When you realize how perfect everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky.”

2,930 in 1,673 posts
    CWC was awesome this week. Kendrick hitting Ibushi with a Burning Hammer was fucking insane. I was under the impression that was like, the first move banned by WWE for being so dangerous.

“When you realize how perfect everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky.”

2,930 in 1,673 posts
    The New/Old Day, "The Club" segement on Raw today is one of the worst segments of wrestling TV I have seen, and a lot of wrestling TV is terrible.

Honestly, WWE has been putting out good stuff lately, but it can't be that hard to take some of these cunts

and make them credible, instead of writing HORRID unfunny shit with 'old fart' acronyms.. its just, cringe worthily god awful shit.

2,930 in 1,673 posts
    Del Rio left WWE. Looks like Paige quit as well.

Rumor is Mark Carrano threatened to fire them if they didnt split up their relationship. Paige has got legal representation already.

Shit could be real messy yo but that level of carny shit needs to be called out.

Del Rio will easily be back with AAA or could go to CMLL or back to LU or whatever. Not sure what Paige can do. No way she can go with Stardom so I guess its bingo halls with Shimmer or back to the indie route in the UK.

I honestly feel like she will become a used up, crazy, drug addict by the time she is 30.

He's got a bicycle! Dr. Lindgren's Avatar
    665 in 314 posts
    I think some of the current season of LU is in the can, so I don't necessarily know how they squeeze Del Rio into the mix at the moment. Not that he doesn't have other options, since LU is tied in with AAA, I think.

2,930 in 1,673 posts
    Yeah Season 3 just started. Not sure how much they have filmed. And yeah LU is a sister company to AAA I think. I'm sure he will do well wherever he goes. He'll be holding a press conference soon, so it should be interesting. He was promised big plans for his return that WWE bailed out on I guess, I am interested to hear his side of the story.

Cesaro's contract renewal is apparently coming up again soon. Will be interesting to see if he stays or goes. If he stays I really hope they do more with him than "go out, do your spin, do your uppercut in the corner spots then get pinned" that they are doing now. It also sucks that the next match between him and Shaemus in the best of 7s is apparently untelevised/not on the network in London.

The Revival vs Gargano and Ciampa and NXT Takeover Brooklyn was an awesome match and shows you don't need to do insane shit to put on a good match.

Like that Ganso Bomb Io Shirai did off the apron to Kairi Hojo at Stardom recently was just fucking stupid and didn't put the match over. It just became a stupid spot people talk about.

https://cdn-e2.streamable.com/video/mp4-mobile/zzdx.mp4

Io Shirai and Kairi Hojo are two of the best joshi wrestlers there are right now, but I mean fucking hell. There is absolutely no need for that shit.

Kairi has the best elbow drop

Last edited by Dane; 09-09-2016 at 01:52 AM.

2,930 in 1,673 posts
    Oh yeah, I got ringside tickets to NXT in my city too for their December Australian tour. I'm really fucking keen and am super excited to see Nakamura, though I know it is a house show. Still, fuck yeah.

I do wonder why they are doing an NXT show in Newcastle when the main roster doesn't do shows in Newcastle. A woman I've seen wrestle a few times has been on a few episodes of NXT in the past year and our local promotions draw 400-600 people so maybe it is known as a wrasslin' town or it is cheap enough to do it, I'm stoked either way. It is also the only weekend show NXT are doing in Aus so I'm sure everyone in this alcoholic mining town will be a good audience

Lets appreciate this Japanese woman too

665 in 314 posts
    TNA is still kicking around, and rumor is that Billy Corgan is trying to buy TNA. Also, the Hardys are basically the one reason to watch TNA, which I have to say is an improvement over nothing.

5,834 in 3,366 posts
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kszu__xT9o8

TNA have redeemed themselves by allowing this one sentence on television.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zee
    ill let a girl eat my ass if she wants.

665 in 314 posts
    The entire angle is a trainwreck, but when you can get a drone, a gardener, and a dilapidated boat over, you're doing something right. From a comedy standpoint, it's miles ahead of WWE. Wrestling, eh, depends on your tastes.

2,930 in 1,673 posts
    I dont think TNA airs here any more. I watched the first Final Deletion and thought it was a lot of fun. Heard a lot of good things about the one a couple of days ago including a fighting kangaroo.

2,930 in 1,673 posts
    It has been such a great year for wrestling really. I can't even choose a top 5 favorite matches so far.

Nakamura vs Zayn was an awesome match and a real "holy shit, this is a thing that is happening" kind of moment.

AJ and Reigns had a couple of great matches and AJ vs Cena at Summerslam was fantastic. Zayn vs Owens at Battleground too. And so many matches in the CWC.

At WK 10 alone there was AJ vs Nakamura, Okada vs Tanahashi and Shibata vs Ishii. At G1 Okada vs Ishii, Okada vs Tanahashi, Omega vs Naito and Omega vs Goto were also all absolutely amazing.

I think my favorite so far is either Omega vs Naito or Omega vs Goto, followed by Nakamura vs Zayn.

I've heard the main event of night 2 at BOLA was absolutely incredible, though I am yet to watch it. Young Bucks and Adam Cole vs Sydal (Evan Bourne), Ricochet and Ospreay. Will pick up the DVD. Keen to see Cody Rhodes in PWG too!

2,930 in 1,673 posts
    Yaaaaaaaaay. Happy with how Backlash ended. Not a bad PPV at all.

Absolutely crazy how AJ has done in this company.

Its pretty crazy and not at all what most people expected.

Universal Champ - Kevin Owens

WWE Champ - AJ Styles

NXT Champ - Nakamura
    Last edited by Dane; 09-11-2016 at 09:05 PM.

5,834 in 3,366 posts
    Its funny how some of the smackdown girls can really wrestle and some just can't. Becky was the only option. She really doesn't have any competition. I don't see the division going anywhere unless they can get some more A list women up there.

Yay Heath and Rhyno.

Miziggler was a surprisingly solid match.

Yay Aj.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zee
    ill let a girl eat my ass if she wants.

2,930 in 1,673 posts
    I don't want to see Carmella on TV, ever. As soon as she comes up I just want to tune out. That match was way better than I expected it to be though.

I wonder where Asuka will end up. If she gets the call up at all.

Who would have ever thought that in 2016 Kevin Steen and AJ Styles would be holding each of WWE's most important titles with Nakamura as NXT champ. I was so worried when they signed AJ, Nak etc and they would ruin everyone (like they have with Anderson and Gallows so far). But, this is pretty great.

As far as Bullet Club and its previous members go:

AJ Styles: WWE World Champion
    Finn Balor/Prince Devitt: Dropped Universal Title to injury
    Adam Cole: Ring of Honor Champion
    Kenny Omega: First Westerner to win the G1 Climax Cup
    The Young Bucks: IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Champs
    Last edited by Dane; 09-12-2016 at 03:53 AM.

2,930 in 1,673 posts
    I kinda want to get into the British scene. Dunno if I should start with Progress or Revolution Pro Wrestling. Its hard to know where to start.

2,930 in 1,673 posts
    CWC all in all was awesome. I hope WWE do something similar again. I was really happy with the winner too but the Full Sail crowd are fuckwits, really and they are very rude. The right guy won and he totally deserved it.

Hopefully the next time they do this it is a womens championship. Get in the girls from Stardom etc.

2,930 in 1,673 posts
    Striker is a fuckwit, I'm glad NJPW dropped him for english commentary even though the guys they have now are not great.

He fucked up a number of AAA PPVs already and now this stupid shit

Last AAA show he did he was arguing with people on twitter, live, while they called out his stupid shit.

And saying stuff like "this really brings out the mark in me" or "he swerved the audience". Fuck off back to Russo you gay cunt.

2,930 in 1,673 posts
    Uhoh. Ring of Honor and WWE have both made offers on TNA. Lets see how this turns out.

665 in 314 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dane View Post
    Uhoh. Ring of Honor and WWE have both made offers on TNA. Lets see how this turns out.
    Throw in Billy Corgan, and it makes you wonder if Dixie (assuming she's still the owner right now) will finally budge without incorporating herself into the offer.