Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast

Thread: Pro Wrestling

2,930 in 1,673 posts
    Latest I have heard is WWE bought the TNA video library and Corgin is now majority owner and will be rebranding TNA.

Still crazy AJ is in the position he is in. I hope he wins at No Mercy. He is a better champ than Ambrose turned out to be and Cena being relatively part time doesn't work.

The best would still be AJ winning until WM then facing Cena at WM IMO.

I think Cien Almas should go full heel on NXT big time. WWE should open their minds a bit and have him lead Los Ingobernables de NXT. Cross promotional heel group with LI CMLL, Los Ingobernables de Japon and the NXT group.

Please.

I mean, Cien is La Sombra for fuck sake. They've botched his entry to WWE badly already.

Having him turn on Alexander is a great start. Too bad he is such an attractive guy WWE won't put him back in his mask.
    Last edited by Dane; 10-06-2016 at 07:11 AM.
    “When you realize how perfect everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky.”

2,930 in 1,673 posts
    Damn it, I am rewatching the G1 Climax finals again right now (Crash still hasn't watched them the gay cunt), and it is ridiculous how much more it is presented as a 'big fight' or actual sporting event.

I mean, we all know this is predetermined stuff, but the good stuff still gets you to suspend disbelief and care about what is happening in a match. WWE has not been good at executing this feeling in some time, I think. Even with Lesnar now it is like "yeah ok he'll come in and suplex a guy a bunch, near fall off an f5, more suplexes then a pinfall from an f5. Cool" That gets boring.

WWE's style is not a bad thing because they have a different focus when it comes to storytelling, but still.

Omega vs Naito and Omega vs Goto are the two best matches of the year so far. The closest WWE have come to comparing to them is Nakamura vs Zayn.
    “When you realize how perfect everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky.”

2,930 in 1,673 posts
    Miz vs Ziggler at No Mercy is the best match either of them have had. Miz being way more aggressive worked really well. Triple threat was good too but otherwise it was a meh show.

NJPW's King of Pro Wrestling also took place very recently and was an awesome show. Shibata vs Kyle O'Reilly was very, very good. Shibata is one of the best wrestlers around right now. Very, very hard hitting match. Omega vs Goto was also very good and now we have confirmation of Omega vs Okada at Wrestle Kingdom 11 in the main event. Marufuji's kicks and knees are insanely on point. Was obvious he was going to lose but he came out of the match looking really strong.

Naito eating the pin to Michael Elgin is garbage IMO.

The pre-show match between Tiger Mask W and Red Death Mask was funny too. Because Tiger Mask W was very obviously Ibushi.

He's got a bicycle! Dr. Lindgren's Avatar
    665 in 314 posts
    So...TNA's debts are getting bought by the Fight Network? Why won't this company die?

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/tna/...nt_on_TNA.html

2,930 in 1,673 posts
    It is pretty crazy. Especially so since Fight Network owns Live Audio Wrestling (so far as I can tell) and they constantly shit on the product. It seems like every year there is a "well, TNA is totally fucked now" story but somehow they get through the shit.

5,834 in 3,366 posts
    Ellesworth gets bigger pops than Goldberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Zee
    ill let a girl eat my ass if she wants.

2,930 in 1,673 posts
    Its cool when WWE does something silly and crazy that fans love. His merchandise it outselling Goldberg's right now haha.

I want to see Ellsworth in the Royal Rumble eleminate Reigns. Eternal babyface.

I just realized how amazing AJ Styles vs Shawn Michaels would have been.

5,834 in 3,366 posts
    I want them to Heath Slater him and just make him the Smackdown Cruiserweight champ.

2,930 in 1,673 posts
    Looks like WWE have snagged at least Io Shirai from Stardom and are in talks with Kairi Hojo. Hojo is apparently not wanting to commit because of severe concussions from this year (Io ganso bomb'd her off the fucking apron...). Feel bad Mayu has apparently been left out of conversations. She is a great wrestler.

It would kill Stardom, which is a promotion I badly love, but man. Asuka vs Io Shirai would be incredible. These are the two women involved. Either of them vs Asuka. Holy shit.

http://www.veoh.com/watch/v100728307rxsdbgYw

And for Crash the super gaylord, here is Asuka/Kana, tag teaming with Kenny Omega vs motherfuckin' Tanaka from ECW with Hikaru Shida

2,930 in 1,673 posts
    These knees at that standing reverse rana. Fuck.

https://gfycat.com/DazzlingGregariousChanticleer

5,834 in 3,366 posts
    dude, that was a great sequence. i bet he eventually comes to wwe. they all come to wwe. he is building himself up so that when he goes he is top and won't be put into the midcard

2,930 in 1,673 posts
    They'll both end up in WWE one day IMO. WWE already tried to get Okada because he is tall and his English is fairly good. But NJPW are building the company around him so he may remain loyal.

If they do a fan vote on Omega vs Okada or Naito vs Tanahashi for the main event of Wrestle Kingdom 11 I can see Omega being pissed off enough to leave New Japan. They fucked him around a bunch already denying the Nakamura match, Tanahashi dropping out of the ladder match and their pushing Michael Elgin. Who knows. He is a massive weeaboo and loves Japan + wants creative control of his character pretty fiercely.

It'd be nice if the Young Bucks came with him. Assuming they are all allowed to have matches of the same quality.

Also this is funny.

Fucking Yujiro, man.
    Last edited by Dane; 11-09-2016 at 01:48 AM.

5,834 in 3,366 posts
    i want to watch the young bucks get thrown in there with a real "wrestling" team like the revival or american alpha. i would like their gimmick more as obnoxious heels than obvious babyfaces.

2,930 in 1,673 posts
    Gnarly, gnarly shit and not for the faint of heart.

Damian Abraham does a really awesome job presenting the documentary too.

5,834 in 3,366 posts
    yeah watched the whole thing yesterday

2,930 in 1,673 posts
    The guy who needs to get that thing pliered out of his head was fucking mental. I would hate to go to a live show like that.

Also apparently Jericho and Kevin Owens pitched a buddy cop movie idea to Vince but it isnt haplening ;_;

Jericho and Owens together is the absolute best.

He's got a bicycle! Dr. Lindgren's Avatar
    665 in 314 posts
    Watching old footage from Wrestlemania 2, I think it's safe to say the current announce crew could give Susan St. James (count the uh-ohs she utters during the New York portion of the event) a run for worst announcer ever.

2,930 in 1,673 posts
    I'll have to watch it again.

NXT Takeover was a great show. The Revival vs DIY is one of the best tag matches in a very long time. Damn near perfect. Everything else was enjoyable.

Survivor Series was fun, but some of it was meh and left me annoyed.

Loved Lesnar vs Goldberg. Was perfect.

2,930 in 1,673 posts
    Went to a local show last night. It was a lot of fun, the women put on a solid match.

I didn't know Australian Suicide was in the main event, or even wrestled for this company from time to time. Main event was exciting and he got the crowd going in very typically Australian ways which was fun. I've seen a few of his matches previously in AAA.

2,930 in 1,673 posts

Rotten brothers not on this list?

Fuck these cunts.