Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Euro 2016

4,658 in 2,723 posts
    so... Wales got outnumbered in just five minutes just after the break, but they kept fighting. Those goals were unstoppable.
    Hail Bale! I've never seen a more teamplayer than him. Every single pass or shot was greeted with thumbs up or a slight applause. Who's CR again? *cynical*

Tomorrow's game is a killer.
    "sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc".
    'We gladly feast on those who would subdue us'
    Morticia Addams

1,710 in 1,143 posts
    Both Wales and Iceland did very well in this tourney so much kudos to them. Ronaldo finally showed up although the officiating overall yesterday was beyond horrible. Ronaldo got mugged in the first half inside the box and nothing was called which is baffling to me. Either way, will be an interesting final between Portugal and the winner of Germany/France. Go Germany!

4,658 in 2,723 posts
    CR was raped (in his own words haha) some five minutes in; in the box indeed. That wasn't theater, that was a foul. Indeed, he took the team by the hand, like never before this tournament. I was hoping so hard Bale could get another free kick in, then he would have had his own tournament record CR's negative record on free kicks is getting ridiculous, what is it now, 47 attempts on European Championship AND World Championship games, NONE became goal?

I am looking forward to the France - Germany game, I just don't hope they have to wear their away shirts... that was weird, yesterday. Both teams in their away shirts and they had nearly nothing with their own colours, their own combination or their own pride. Fuck UEFA. [UEFA could have held a toss or something, even the day the semi finalists were both known. But alas...]
    Morticia Addams

4,658 in 2,723 posts
    Darn! Germany had 70 per cent ball possession the first half of the second semi final, but Schweinie flapped his flipper and it was a penalty. But Germany is so much stronger this game, they'll pull it up.
    Morticia Addams

4,658 in 2,723 posts
    Uhggg it took a while to realize it, but the second half was actually the worst Germany I've ever seen. Total lack of organization, total lack of Deutsche Gründlichkeit. I need a Bitburger...

True, France battled Germany well. OK I've said it, France did well. This final is their third final on home ground; 1984 EC (Platini), 1998 WC (Zidane) and now EC (will this forever be Griezman's tournament? Or will it be CR7's, what he yearned for since he started balling...). Outside of these finals they never won or even got to the finals ><
    Morticia Addams

1,710 in 1,143 posts
    I was talking to some other people about the game. Germany's greatest weakness is their speed, while they excel in other areas the overall speed of the team is pretty mediocre. Against teams with speed that dont have great shooting or passing a team like Germany can shine because they are methodical and opportunists. But against better quality teams like France where their speed is their best asset it puts a lot of pressure on Germany defensively. With that said it was a great run by Germany in this tourney and they have nothing to hang their heads about. Will still watch the final and am thankful i wont have any butterflies as to who wins it. lol

He's got a bicycle! Dr. Lindgren's Avatar
    665 in 314 posts
    Germany had some great opportunities in the match. If even one of those post shots goes in, it would have been a different match. As it was, the French made their few chances count.

8. N00bs (07-08-2016)