Thread: Thumper

2,930 in 1,673 posts

Thumper

This is by far the most intense rhythm game I have ever played. It feels viscerally violent and has the most oppressive and horrible atmosphere.

“When you realize how perfect everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky.”

4,921 in 3,040 posts
    Would love to play that on a VR set. Damn.
    "First time we throw stuff at them, they'll tear gas us for no reason." --Ferguson mongoloid
    "Anybody who asks for a 'safe space' or a 'trigger warning' should be immediately expelled." --Milo Yiannopolous

2,930 in 1,673 posts
    Yah my buddy is getting his PS VR set in the next few weeks. Should be intense as fuck.

The game is super fucking insane to play without VR. But the sense of scale in VR where everything seems giant should make this a true nightmare hell.
    “When you realize how perfect everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky.”

5,834 in 3,366 posts
    i wanna play dis game
    Quote Originally Posted by Zee
    ill let a girl eat my ass if she wants.

2,930 in 1,673 posts
    Don't let the marketing video fool you, it is on sale on Steam right now.

2,930 in 1,673 posts
    Should be noted that Brian Gibson of Lightning Bolt, whom I have posted a lot about in noise/noise rock threads in the past co-designed the game and made the art and music.

2,930 in 1,673 posts
    Honestly I think this is my favorite game this year.

The soundtrack is fucking so incredible.

LISTEN ON HEADPHONES AT HIGH VOLUME

I wish someone uploaded the stage complete track, because it is the most ominous, dark as fuck 'you finished the level!' song I have ever heard.

Seriously incredible game.

5,834 in 3,366 posts
    So DonDonpachi whatever bullethell doesn't run on mac... so i guess this is my next game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zee
    ill let a girl eat my ass if she wants.

4,921 in 3,040 posts
    I want the full experience via headphones and VR or nothing at all. You either clog the toilet or piss in the sink with that game.
    "First time we throw stuff at them, they'll tear gas us for no reason." --Ferguson mongoloid
    "Anybody who asks for a 'safe space' or a 'trigger warning' should be immediately expelled." --Milo Yiannopolous

2,930 in 1,673 posts
    I've finished the game now. It is fucking fantastic. Things move so fast you do them before being conscious of what you are actually doing. It is hard to explain, but it is so fucking intense.

Played an hour or two in VR at my friend's place too. Amazing, amazing stuff. The scale is fucking crazy. The big things/bosses that emerge at various places throughout each level look fucking insane. It is so hard to describe, because the scale is so different. It is like looking up at a MASSIVE construct or building, it makes you feel utterly dwarfed. Extremely intense and awesome shit.