Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: Pro Wrestling

2,930 in 1,673 posts
    I get to see Nakamura tomorrow night

I don't know that I have enough blood to send to my penis to sustain me.
    “When you realize how perfect everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky.”

2,930 in 1,673 posts
    NXT was a super fun show.

Akira Tozawa vs Cien was the best live match I have ever seen. Both guys were fucking unreal and got the entire crowd invested in their match. Absolutely fantastic shit.

Main event was a lot of fun, 6 man tag. Nakamura, Dillinger and Buddy Murphy vs Samoa Joe, Bobby Roode and Elias Samson. A lot of fun spots and good times.

I LOST MY FUCKING MIND at one point. The ring announcer chick was like "NXT is great because you never know what will happen" then BAM, William Regal came out and gave a speech. Regal is one of my all time favorites so it was awesome to see him. He probably got the biggest cheers of the night and an overwhelming standing ovation.

The crowd was fine for the most part but some of the "look how much of a smart mark I am" cunts were really obnoxious yelling shit like "sell better" and shit. Some dick behind me yelled out racist shit at Ember Moon too and a lot of people turned on him. He nearly got the piss stomped out of him.
    “When you realize how perfect everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky.”

3. Dr. Lindgren (12-19-2016)

2,930 in 1,673 posts
    And Cody Rhodes has signed with New Japan Pro Wrestling and will be the newest member of Bullet Club.

Being billed as the American Nightmare is pretty awesome and a bold move. Hopefully it works out for him!

5. Left Leg (12-14-2016)

He's got a bicycle! Dr. Lindgren's Avatar
    665 in 314 posts
    TNA has pretty much become the Hardy show.

2,930 in 1,673 posts
    I still need to watch Total Nonstop Deletion.

For anyone looking to dip their toes into New Japan Pro Wrestling, every Januray 4 Tokyo Dome show/Wrestle Kingdom is available for free.

http://njpwworld.com/c/t_0000_2016_41

At least watch the last three matches of Wrestle Kingdom 10. They are all amazing.

2,930 in 1,673 posts
    The Wrestle Kingdom 11 card has been announced too.

1. New Japan Rumble: The opener is a Royal Rumble-style match featuring all the New Japan contracted wrestlers not already on the show, along with a few surprises and old-timers.

2. Tiger Mask W (Ibushi!) vs. Tiger the Dark (ACH who people should know from PWG etc)

3. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Championship match: The Young Bucks (champions) vs. Rocky Romero and Baretta

4. NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag Team Championship match with gauntlet rules featuring:

SANADA, EVIL and BUSHI
    Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi and Hangman Page
    Tomohiro Ishii, YOSHI-HASHI and Will Ospreay
    Satoshi Kojima, Ricochet and David Finlay (champions)

5. Cody Rhodes vs. Juice Robinson

6. ROH World Championship match: Kyle O’Reilly (champion) vs. Adam Cole

7. IWGP Tag Team Championship match: Tama Tonga and Tanga Roa (champions) vs. Togi Makabe and Tomoaki Honma

8. IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship match: KUSHIDA (champion) vs. Hiromu Takahashi (aka Kamaitachi)

9. NEVER Openweight Championship match: Katsuyori Shibata (champion) vs. Hirooki Goto

10. IWGP Intercontinental Championship match: Tetsuya Naito (champion) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi

11. IWGP World Heavyweight Championship match: Kazuchika Okada (champion) vs. Kenny Omega

Some of the tag matches have been changed. I believe Ishii and Toru Yano have been added to the Tag Team match making it a three way tag team match. With Jado replacing Ishii in the NEVER openweight tag match. I *think* I can't remember off the top of my head.

But yeah, Cody's first match in NJPW is a singles match against Juice Robinson at Wrestle Kingdom 11. Some of you guys would know Juice Robinson as CJ Parker on NXT, who splattered Kevin Owen's nose on his debut. After he left WWE he started at the bottom of NJPW and quickly worked his way up and his been tag teaming with long time ace Tanahashi. He has been having great matches too. So it is really cool to see him get a special singles match at Wrestle Kingdom, and it is big for Cody to get to debut in a singles match at Wrestle Kingdom as well.

It is an insane card and will feature some insane shit. For example this happened on Saturday night.

So please check out the free stuff I linked earlier and consider paying like $8 for a month of NJPW in January and watch the show with us!

They have also launched an english NJPW site. Hopefully they work on the streaming site soon.

http://www.njpw1972.com/

Also, enjoy Shibata killing himself and other people.

(that may be bad to say because, he kinda did accidently kill someone once...)

2,930 in 1,673 posts

He's got a bicycle! Dr. Lindgren's Avatar
    665 in 314 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dane View Post
    I still need to watch Total Nonstop Deletion.
    If you haven't watched it yet, know that most of the non-Hardy segments were borderline unwatchable.

2,930 in 1,673 posts
    Fuck, Wrestle Kingdom was so good. The tag matches were as you would expect but fucking hell.

Omega vs Okada might be the best match I have seen, even if I hate the finish. I haven't marked out like a kid like this since I was like 10. It was fucking UNBELIEVABLE.

A fucking dragon suplex OFF THE TOP ROPE.

I honestly can't think of a match that made me feel the way that did.

It was so, so perfect. So fucking insane. Holy FUCK. And even though I didn't like so much how it ended, things were still protected. It was so fucking good.

I honestly don't see anything topping it this year. Because that was fucking incredible.

It was a 46 minute match that felt like 20.

Honestly, how the fuck will anyone come close to that.
    Last edited by Dane; 01-04-2017 at 07:08 AM.

2,930 in 1,673 posts

Stop being shit, go watch Wrestle Kingdom 11

2,930 in 1,673 posts
    You are all super shit. But since MRU is about to die, enjoy the most badass pro wrestling entrance ever

5,834 in 3,366 posts
    yeah i liked it. need to pay more attention and watch again. need to check out the cody rhodes match.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zee
    ill let a girl eat my ass if she wants.

2,930 in 1,673 posts
    The match was built around Omega's One Winged Angel = death. Okada desperately escaping from it every time he is put in the electric chair position. There is so much story telling here. Omega took 4 Rainmakers, 2 tombstones and his finisher was protected. It is one of the craziest matches Ive ever seen and the last 15 minutes or so was just a rollercoaster. I had friends over to watch it and we all were like little kids. Its a fucking incredible match and I really dont know if I have seen a better one. I dont even know how it could be topped. It cant happen in WWE because so much of that shit is insanely dangerous.

2,930 in 1,673 posts
    I don't know why wrestling highlight video always have terrible music, and watching a highlight isn't as good as watching the entire match by any stretch but still

I really do think it is the best match I have ever seen. I think back on matches I rate heaps highly and it is hard to say "yeah this shits over them" but still, none of them made me feel the way this match did. Getting drawn in like a kid. It was fucking amazing.

I totally see people who don't watch Japanese wrestling and look for a concrete black and white good guy or bad guy and not really getting the match, or not knowing the finishers and how 90% of the story telling happened in the ring. Like when Okada hits the Rainmaker/discuss lariat thing and Omega kicks out and the way he sells "well, that didn't work I am fucked", or when he goes to do the rainmaker again and there is a throwback to his match with Tanahashi where he just keeps holding the wrist despite Omega kneeing in the head heaps violently. The match builds then pops then builds then pops then builds then pops and is so perfectly paced, especially following Tanahashi vs Naito. It sucks it is hard to explain when most here dont follow the NJPW style and kind of look for WWE style in a non-WWE match, but whatever.

I can't think of a better match and I can't foresee a better match happening this year. I mean, what will WWE offer. And this isn't a sleight on WWE, because they have so different styles, I just don't know what match they would put on that would top the last 4 Wrestle Kingdom matches. To be fair, I don't know how New Japan will top what they have already put out. And when Omega wins the IWGP title, that match probably won't compare to this. So it will be an interesting year anyway.

Seriously, fuck WWE and their entertainment 'we make movies' trash heap of shit. I try not to be a dick about it, for the most part, but Raw has been unwatchable trash even with Owens as champ for ages now. Today it was so embarrassingly god awful I turned the shit off.

Just give me fake fighting presented as if it was real, you carny fucks. It is so much better than F tier drama with no continuity and piss weak matches where 60 times per week everyones finisher is kicked out of and whoever wins one week loses the next. Total garbage.

DDT Universe launches on the 23rd of January.

https://twitter.com/original_bonski/...98114151448576

Between NJPW, DDT and Stardom, I am sure I can do without watching Raw or the garbage shit they program like "Bring it to the Table" which is just company shills shitting over anyone who thinks the product is shit, which it is, as the ratings show.
    Last edited by Dane; 01-10-2017 at 08:27 AM.

5,834 in 3,366 posts
    yeah, watched it again. fantastic match. tons of great spots. great storytelling. great shots. okada's face after that first tombstone was priceless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zee
    ill let a girl eat my ass if she wants.